Kicking around in W H E E L P O S E on a beach towel, rather than a yoga mat, is S L I P P E R Y business! Don’t try this at home boys & squirrels! I am literally about to bust my noggin’ in this shot, but…the sunlight was too beautiful not to share and this posture is all about learning to embrace V U L N E R A B I L I T Y so cheers to that & happy Wednesday to all!
Sat Nam xoxo
Just chillin’ on my noggin’…waving my fronds in the air, like I just don’t care…
If you simply tune-in, look and listen deeply, Mother Nature has so much to teach us.
Does the Coconut tree fret if her fronds are not perfectly coiffed? If her trunk is less than perfectly aligned? No. A tree simply IS. Let her teach you the freedom and beauty of BEING.
I bow down to the divine wisdom of all GUARDIANS OF BEING…the flowers and the trees, the wind and the breeze…and oh so many other wise teachers gifted to us by Mother Nature. Thank you, thank you, thank you. SAT NAM
The B E N E F I T S of “bending over backwards” for your S E L F . . .
– Strengthens and lengthens the vertebrae, which increases elasticity, flexibility, and creates the necessary space in the spine to keep young, healthy, and standing tall.
– Strengthens arms, wrists, abdomen, legs, shoulders and chest for smooth, toned muscles.
– Opens up the chest, strengthens and increases lungs capacity.
– Stimulates the nervous system and improves hormone secretions that favor optimal health.
– Removes fat buildup from the oblique area, for a notable slimming effect.
– Energizes both physically and mentally, counteracting stress, depression and anxiety, thanks to stimulation of the thyroid and pituitary glands.
– Ignites all seven of the chakras, for total energetic balance and harmony.
W H E E L P O S E is a serious heart opener, soothing old wounds and allowing for new opportunities for love. Vulnerability is a prerequisite, but with dedicated practice, it will soon have you shining your heart and light to the world! ❤️✨
C A M E L P O S E . . .
- Creates maximum compression of the spine, stimulating the nervous system.
- Improves flexibility of the neck and spine.
- Releases backache.
- Stretches the abdominal organs and relieves constipation.
- Stretches the throat and parathyroids.
- Opens narrow ribcage to give more space to the lungs.
- Firms and slims the abdomen and waistline.
The heart stores the emotions of stress, fear and anxiety. Opening up the heart chakra, allows for the release these emotions and lets your heart shine! This posture is incredibly powerful and purifying when paired with breath of fire. S A T N A M & Enjoy!
Walking on W A T E R 🌊 or dancing in the C L O U D S ☁️ ?
Where does it begin?
Where does it end?
G R A T I T U D E . . . a l w a y s .
Make connecting with M O T H E R E A R T H 🌎 a priority, everyday!
P e a c e & l o v e in S H O U L D E R S T A N D . . .
– To soothe the nervous system: This pose has a soothing effect on the parasympathetic nervous system. As a result, those easily irritated, or prone to anger or breakdowns can stabilize and be less reactive to life’s circumstances.
– To stimulate the Throat Chakra: Shoulderstand ignites the fifth chakra, which is associated with Truth and self-expression. When this chakra is open, our negative experiences can easily be transformed into wisdom and learning.
– To strengthen the heart and respiratory system: Due to the fact that the body is in an inverted position, shoulder stand reduces strain on the heart. Healthy blood can easily circulate around the neck and chest, and as a result, people with asthma, bronchitis and throat ailments may experience relief.
– To increase strength and flexibility: Shoulderstand strengthens the upper body, legs and abdomen. The posture opens the chest and stretches the neck, shoulders and upper back muscles.
– To balance hormones: Shoulder Stand balances the thyroid and hypothalamus glands, allowing for proper hormone production.
– To decrease varicose veins: Shoulderstand assist in draining old blood from the legs, pelvis and abdominal area, therefore reducing varicose veins.
– To reduce wrinkles: Due to increased blood flow to the face, wrinkles can be reduced. In addition, many practitioners notice an improved complexion with a consistent shoulderstand practice.
– To aide in restful sleep: Shoulderstand promotes deep sleep and can assist in providing rest for people with insomnia.
– To combat the common cold: Continued practice of this asana eradicates common colds and other nasal disturbances.
– To reduce constipation: The change in gravitational pull on the body affects the abdominal organs so that the bowels move freely and constipation is relieved.
Good Morning S U N S H I N E ! 🌞
S A D H A N A, daily spiritual yogic practice, is an A M A Z I N G way to start the day and also to set tone and intention with this month’s powerful N E W M O O N 🌑
Change of perspective as I prepare to travel for the summer, sharing yoga, meditation & raw nutrition… Feeling so super B L E S S E D to live this life and to share these passions with so many beautiful Souls!
The U N I V E R S E is generous and I am so very, very G R A T E F U L for her abundant gifts! 🌍🙏