Kicking around in W H E E L P O S E on a beach towel, rather than a yoga mat, is S L I P P E R Y business! Don’t try this at home boys & squirrels! I am literally about to bust my noggin’ in this shot, but…the sunlight was too beautiful not to share and this posture is all about learning to embrace V U L N E R A B I L I T Y so cheers to that & happy Wednesday to all!
Sat Nam xoxo
The B E N E F I T S of “bending over backwards” for your S E L F . . .
– Strengthens and lengthens the vertebrae, which increases elasticity, flexibility, and creates the necessary space in the spine to keep young, healthy, and standing tall.
– Strengthens arms, wrists, abdomen, legs, shoulders and chest for smooth, toned muscles.
– Opens up the chest, strengthens and increases lungs capacity.
– Stimulates the nervous system and improves hormone secretions that favor optimal health.
– Removes fat buildup from the oblique area, for a notable slimming effect.
– Energizes both physically and mentally, counteracting stress, depression and anxiety, thanks to stimulation of the thyroid and pituitary glands.
– Ignites all seven of the chakras, for total energetic balance and harmony.
W H E E L P O S E is a serious heart opener, soothing old wounds and allowing for new opportunities for love. Vulnerability is a prerequisite, but with dedicated practice, it will soon have you shining your heart and light to the world! ❤️✨
Did you know that Wheel Pose is an ENERGIZING posture, both physically and mentally? Yogic philosophy teaches that Wheel actively decreases stress, depression and anxiety, thanks to its stimulation of the thyroid and pituitary glands. In addition, it’s a HEART OPENING backbend that can aid in mending “broken” hearts, while helping to open ourselves back up and creating spaciousness for new opportunities. This posture requires a bit of VULNERABILITY, but with practice, you will soon be SHINING your heart and light to the world! Sat Nam